
One evening last year Rocky and I were helping the girls clean up the playroom. There is a little nook off of the main part of the room and it just seemed like we should make it in to something fun for the girls. We always set aside a certain amount of money for both of the girl's birthdays each year and we decided that this year we would build them a stage! They both LOVE to perform, and have been having plays and music shows for quite a few years now. As with every DIY project our family takes on it seemed to become a little "bigger" project than we had envisioned.

Thanks to my dear brother "Uncle Lyle" sturdy plans were drawn up and Rocky set to work measuring, cutting and assembling the structure.



Gracie and Emmy took a few minutes out of their busy performing schedule to tell Daddy that he was "The BEST Daddy in the world" and thank you for making them a stage!

After the structure was built he installed the stage lights and then it was time for the hardwood floors. Once again Uncle Lyle was very helpful in the installation of the hardwoods.



When the floor was done it was time to go and choose the fabric for the cornice and the curtains. Nana and I spent most of a Saturday afternoon figuring out a pattern, how much material we would need, how to make the pleats fall right and choosing fabric. Wow! Did I mention that this project turned out to be WAY more work than I had thought it would be? The next evening Nana and I (Papa helped too, but I don't know if he would want to admit to this) layed out, pinned and sewed away!


After many weeks of "When will our stage be ready?" and "Are you done yet?" there was a finished product! With curtains that open and close, working stage lights and hardwood floors that make lots of noise when they are danced on, we had two very happy and excited little girls!



2 comments:
A lot of work went into this stage! Don't think you could have given them anything they would enjoy more!
WOW!! Remember when we performed for the adults too, but we didn't have this fancy stage!
Post a Comment